Friday, August 30, 2013

First day in Costa Rica

We landed in Costa Rica today around noon! So far it has been great. Within the first couple of hours we got the privilege of seeing the President. He was just walking around on the street-it was pretty cool. Imagine if President Obama could do that! We took a small tour of the cathedral which was beautiful and we walked around the streets of Alajuea. We also ate at a cute restaurant called Jalapeno and it was delicioso. I'm happy because my Spanish is not as bad as I thought. I can understand a lot, I just have to keep practicing speaking it. Anyway, I'm mostly going to just post pictures today because I am e x h a u s t e d and am having a lot of trouble focusing. I am going to go to bed soon! 

Tomorrow we are waking up at the crack of dawn to hike up a volcano. So please pray for me ya'll. I don't know if I'm that well prepared. But I am excited and definitely happy to be here :-) 

Here are some pictures from today.
The Cathedral

My favorite picture in the Cathedral

The table at the restaurant (My mom would appreciate this) 


The President of Costa Rica

We were warned not to touch any animals, regardless of how cute they are. I struggled when it came to this little guy today. He was adorable!

The smallest tortillas I've ever seen

Some bomb juice I got from the supermercado

City Sign. It reminds me of the LOVE sign in NY.

My dinner! I hadn't eaten all day so this was extra delicious. I ate every bite! 
Our hotel! Los Volcanes. Its so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment